Colorado Medical Home Community Forum, a bimonthly meeting of Colorado stakeholders representing various agencies, families, medical facilities, organizations, and policymakers from all over Colorado.
Anyone interested in participating in or learning more about the Initiative is encouraged to attend a Community Forum meeting. It is intended to be a public education component of current issues and efforts impacting medical home in the state. See the Calendar for more information about upcoming Colorado Medical Home Community Forum meetings.
Upcoming Community Forum
- Tuesday, April 8, 2014 – An Update on the Exchange
Recaps from Past Community Forums
- February 11, 2014 Recap - Panel about RCCO Care Coordination
- December 10, 2013 Recap – December’s community forum topic was “Integrating behavioral health into the medical home”
- October 8, 2013 Recap - October’s community forum topic was “Payment Reform” with presentations by Sara Schmitt, MA, Director of Community Health Policy, Colorado Health Institute and Patrick Gordon, MPA, Associate Vice President, Rocky Mountain Health Plans.
- August 13, 2013 Recap - In August, our community forum topic was “Health Coverage Expansion and Enrollment under Health Reform”. The forum included presentations by: Jeff Bontrager, MSPH, Director of Research on Coverage and Access, Colorado Health Institute; Adela, Flores-Brennan, JD, Assistance Network Manager, Connect for Health Colorado; and Patrick Kelly, MA, Project Director, PEAK Outreach Initiative.
- June 11, 2013 Recap - The topic for this community forum was Care Transitions. The forum was facilitated by Gina Robinson and Eileen Forlenza. Dr. Laura Pickler and Eileen Forlenza presented on Health Systems and Youth Engagement as well as Public Health and Care Transitions. Theresa Nguyen shared her personal experiences.
- February 12, 2013 Recap – February’s topic was RCCO Myth Busting: Checking in with the Seven Regional Collaborative Care Organizations (RCCO). The forum began with reports from RCCO representatives followed by a Q&A session. See the recap for videos and notes from the forum!
- December 11, 2012 Recap - In December, the topic was an “Update from the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing”. Marceil Case, Accountable Care Collaborative Program Section Manager of Colorado Department of Health Care Policy & Financing shared a presentation, followed by group discussions.
- August 14, 2012 Recap - The topic for the August 14, 2012 community forum was: Affordable Care Act Implementation and Medical Home. The guest speaker was Doyle Forrestal is the Executive Officer in the Office of the Regional Director for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for Region VIII. Watch the community forum on the Colorado Medical Home Initiative Livestream page!
- June 12, 2012 Recap - The June 12, 2012, meeting of the Colorado Medical Home Community Forum brought together more than 150 attendees at four sites through web-conferencing by using Google Hangout. The topic of discussion was: Partnering with Regional Care Collaborative Organizations (RCCOs) to Promote a Medical Home Approach. To see the full recap click here.
- April 10, 2012 Recap - The April 10, 2012, meeting of the Colorado Medical Home Community Forum focused on the topic of autism in Colorado. The meeting began with presentations from guest speakers.
- February 14, 2012 Recap - The February 14, 2012, meeting of the Colorado Medical Home Community Forum focused on behavioral health as part of the medical home. The meeting began with small group discussions facilitated by José Esquibel of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Following, Dan Fishbein, Ph.D. of Jefferson Center for Mental Health gave a presentation entitled “Integrating primary care and behavioral health into the medical home model”.